Water Distribution Data Management - Possible Deployment Problem, not editable

3 weeks ago
JimMitchell1
New Contributor II

All,

After downloading the Water Distribution Solution, I successfully imported System Valve data. I reconnected fields from the WaterDistributionSystem_editing hosted feature class in ArcGIS Pro Project.  When attempting to add additional fields in the WaterDistributionDataManager ArcGIS Pro Project, I received a 000852 error message not allowing adding a field. I believe this is because I was attempting to add fields to a hosted, view feature class Layer and not allowed. 

It appears that the base data, WaterDistributionSystem Feature class is not available on either ArcGIS Online or when I attempt to load through Pro. 

JimMitchell1_0-1712939154964.png

JimMitchell1_1-1712939193006.png

I seem to be struck with the inability to edit in Pro, add to domains, etc. When checking the folder in AGOL, it seems like there should be a WaterDistributionSystem Feature Layer (Hosted) but there isn't.

JimMitchell1_2-1712939858487.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Should I start over and redeploy?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoelSmith3
Esri Contributor

Hi Jim,

The WaterDistributionSystem feature service is shared across a few solutions. Have you previously deployed Water Distribution Hydrant Inspections or Backflow Inspections? 

If you check the details of one of the views (WaterDistributionSystem_editing) you can click the link to the source feature service:

JoelSmith3_0-1712941021023.png

If you have deployed Backflow Inspection, I can walk you through unlocking the schema on the view. 

Thanks,
Joel

0 Kudos
JimMitchell1
New Contributor II

Actually, yes, I did deploy the Hydrant Inspection Solution first, then realized that it came with the whole water distribution system feature layer, so went back and downloaded the Water Distribution solution as well. Inspecting the Hydrant Inspection folder, the editable version is there and I am able to add fields, though I believe I will have to edit the Domain Information on AGOL.

Thank you, this solved the issue, I just wished I had deployed the Water Distribution first. Can the editable version be moved to the Water Distribution Data Management folder manually in AGOL? 

0 Kudos
JoelSmith3
Esri Contributor

Yes, you can move the feature service into the Water Distribution Data Management folder manually.

Glad that resolved your issue! (:

0 Kudos