Tree Maintenance Solution, Customizing Domain Which Returns Failed to Publish

Jump to solution
02-10-2023 01:06 PM
WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

Using Tree Maintenance Solution and I am customizing the Domain for Common Name.  I have made the necessary changes to the Domain but whenever I attempt to overwrite the layer the process fails.  I am assuming the problem is linked to the related tables being present?  

Also, I realized there are two options recommended for this 1) customizing the Domain directly in AGO.  I am seeking help with the 2) option of customizing the Domain using ArcPro.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@WalterFeurer, the solution leverages join views on top of the Trees service which will prevent you from overwriting the service from Pro. You also can't update a domain on an existing hosted service from Pro.

Updating the domain directly in AGO from the service item details can be a little tedious when the list is long, but you can use the following steps below to update the domain in ArcGIS Online using the Field Maps app:

1. From the app launcher in AGO open Field Maps
  2. Open your Tree Field Map map
  3. Select the Common name field from the form and click 'Manage list'
  4. In this UI you can drag and drop or upload a CSV that defines your domain. This will update the domain in the service directly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@WalterFeurer, the solution leverages join views on top of the Trees service which will prevent you from overwriting the service from Pro. You also can't update a domain on an existing hosted service from Pro.

Updating the domain directly in AGO from the service item details can be a little tedious when the list is long, but you can use the following steps below to update the domain in ArcGIS Online using the Field Maps app:

1. From the app launcher in AGO open Field Maps
  2. Open your Tree Field Map map
  3. Select the Common name field from the form and click 'Manage list'
  4. In this UI you can drag and drop or upload a CSV that defines your domain. This will update the domain in the service directly.
WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

This worked perfectly!  Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos