Is it possible to transfer ownership of a solution?

Jump to solution
01-25-2023 12:20 PM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

Can I transfer the ownership of one solution to another user if an item is being used by more than one solution? For example, I've deployed the Citizen Problem Reporter and the Tree Management solution to my content. I want to transfer the tree management solution to another user. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattBullock
Esri Contributor

To the part of your question about changing ownership of ArcGIS Solution items when shared between two ArcGIS Solutions. This is not an issue. The items have already been deployed to your organization and are connected. The ArcGIS Solutions app will recognize deployed content within a single user’s content on deployment. So, moving will not be an issue with deployed ArcGIS Solutions.

However, if you want to deploy updates to that solution or new solutions that connect with a solution, the suggestion would be to deploy the updates or new ArcGIS Solutions with the user that owns the existing solutions (in your case the new user you are assigning the existing solution).

An additional note on moving an ArcGIS Solution from one user to another. I suggest creating a new folder with the name of the ArcGIS Solution within the new owner's content and then use the method Ayan mentioned to change the owner of all the items that come with the solution (in addition to the solution item). e.g., feature layers, hosted feature layer views, maps, apps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@MikeOnzay Select the solution item from your content and 'Change Owner' to another user.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/manage-items.htm 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
MattBullock
Esri Contributor

To the part of your question about changing ownership of ArcGIS Solution items when shared between two ArcGIS Solutions. This is not an issue. The items have already been deployed to your organization and are connected. The ArcGIS Solutions app will recognize deployed content within a single user’s content on deployment. So, moving will not be an issue with deployed ArcGIS Solutions.

However, if you want to deploy updates to that solution or new solutions that connect with a solution, the suggestion would be to deploy the updates or new ArcGIS Solutions with the user that owns the existing solutions (in your case the new user you are assigning the existing solution).

An additional note on moving an ArcGIS Solution from one user to another. I suggest creating a new folder with the name of the ArcGIS Solution within the new owner's content and then use the method Ayan mentioned to change the owner of all the items that come with the solution (in addition to the solution item). e.g., feature layers, hosted feature layer views, maps, apps.

0 Kudos