Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue Editing within the Citizen Problem Manager App

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Sehouse
New Contributor II

So I have deployed the Citizen Reporter Solution. I've submitted several test requests and that part works. 
When I go to Manage Requests , I don't see anything that says edit. I can't change status of the requests.
I have opened this from the hub site, launched the manager app, went into configure mode and tried this with my sign in, without my sign in. What am I doing wrong?  Capture.JPG

P.S. I'm a newbie at deploying & development

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sehouse
New Contributor II

So I managed to figure this out on my own!
I simply deleted everything and started over.  Apparently, there was an error during the deployment in which the editing functions were non existent in the manager web app. I re-deployed and boom- there's the editing pencil. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Sehouse, you should normally see a pencil icon in the upper right corner of the details section to edit the record, but from your screenshot it is not there. Could you verify that the source Requests service has editing enabled? Is your user account at least a Contributor user type so that you can edit records? It looks like because you submitted new requests. Did you make any edits in the Citizen Problem Manager web map?

0 Kudos
Sehouse
New Contributor II

The Requests Layer has editing enabled. My User account is Creator. I am able to edit in the web map. However, city employees will be managing these requests from the 'manage request' tab on the hub site. That is where the editing isn't working. I have communicated with ESRI Support and still no solution.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@Sehouse, did you edit the Citizen Problem Manager web map and save the changes? I ask because the app is using the Crowdsource Manager configurable app and is built on the 3.x api. So the web map needs to be edited using Map Viewer Classic as the new Map Viewer can introduce functionality that could break it for this older version of the app. If you opened it in the new map viewer and saved it, it is possible this is why it is no longer working.

0 Kudos
Sehouse
New Contributor II

Sehouse_0-1723222551046.png

According to the video on this solution, the pencil is shown there for editing. BUT mine is below:

Sehouse_2-1723222631704.png

0 Kudos
Sehouse
New Contributor II

So I managed to figure this out on my own!
I simply deleted everything and started over.  Apparently, there was an error during the deployment in which the editing functions were non existent in the manager web app. I re-deployed and boom- there's the editing pencil. 

0 Kudos