Select to view content in your preferred language

GIS Request Management Solution deployment overwrites updates

09-09-2024 08:35 AM
masslc
by
Emerging Contributor

I recently deployed the GIS Request Management solution and made updates to it. Due to an error, I wanted to download a copy of the original solution so I could compare my edits. I deployed the solution again, which I have done before with others (e.g. Address Data Management). In the past, this creates a new folder in my AGOL content with the same name and a numerical suffix. I can then compare the original items to my updated ones. However, when I went to deploy the solution again, instead of creating an additional folder, it overwrote the original deployment and I have lost my edits. Is this a new way in which the solutions are deploying, or is this specific to the GIS request Management Solution, or perhaps this is a bug? I looked through my recycle bin in case and there is nothing there. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
SubaKrishnan
Esri Contributor

Hi, @masslc I followed through the steps but I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Like all the other solution it created a new one with a numerical suffix. Could you try deleting the solution and deploying it again?

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@masslc, Adding to what @SubaKrishnan we never modify or delete any already deployed items when deploying a solution. Did you happen to delete anything from the original solution deployment? Specifically the Solution item from the 1st deployment? It is possible if you deleted this item that when you deployed the new copy of the solution it just reused the original items from the first deployment rather than creating new copies of everything.  

0 Kudos
masslc
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi @ChrisFox , I've attached an image below which I think shows that I didn't. The solution is in the folder and dated Aug 12th when I originally downloaded it. I was then making edits up to and including Sep 5th. I deployed a new version of it on Sep 6th to compare my edits to the original, but no additional folder was created, and the dates for the top 7 items in the image changed to Sep 6th replacing the ones I had updated. I will go ahead and delete the solution and deploy it again as @SubaKrishnan suggests and see if I can deploy two so that I have one to refer to and one to edit. Thank you both for taking a look at this!

0 Kudos