Select to view content in your preferred language

Create blank Solution

Jump to solution
03-21-2023 12:33 PM
RonaldVanderpool
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to create a blank Solution so it can be customized to fit the specific organization need?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@RonaldVanderpool, so it sounds like you want to author a collection of items and package them up as a solution that can be deployed multiple times. If that is the case we do have a developer experience that is available in the GitHub repo below:

https://github.com/Esri/solution.js

This is the same library we use to package and deploy solutions via the ArcGIS Solutions app. However, this library is not an officially supported developer API so you will not be able to contact technical support to troubleshoot or report issues. You can report issues via the repo and we will do our best to resolve them in future releases. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@RonaldVanderpool, can you elaborate on what you mean by a blank Solution? With each solution deployment it creates all the items in your content and you can then configure the items to meet your organization's needs. 

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Frequent Contributor

Sure Chris and thanks for the quick response!

My goal would be to have the full functionality of a solution but configure it to the specifics of our need. I realize that I can take any of the solutions, remove/replace/reconfigure and have made that attempt a few times but it just does not work like I would prefer and the ROI for doing it this way is not really great. 
If there was a way to configure a solution that could be deployed multiple times but for the first round of development, start basically with a blank slate, similar to Experience Builder but with the capabilities that a solution can deliver.

If this is something that would take a developer level access, I am fine with that, provided that there was potential support for configuring issues. Similar to Web AppBuilder for Developer, API, etc.

Does any of this make sense?

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@RonaldVanderpool, so it sounds like you want to author a collection of items and package them up as a solution that can be deployed multiple times. If that is the case we do have a developer experience that is available in the GitHub repo below:

https://github.com/Esri/solution.js

This is the same library we use to package and deploy solutions via the ArcGIS Solutions app. However, this library is not an officially supported developer API so you will not be able to contact technical support to troubleshoot or report issues. You can report issues via the repo and we will do our best to resolve them in future releases. 

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Chris! 

100% what I was hoping for. I appreciate the link and totally understand this is not supported.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos