Select to view content in your preferred language

Modifying Citizen Problem Reporter's Visible Reporters and Manager documentation

Jump to solution
12-08-2022 10:38 AM
BryantDevillier
New Contributor

I'm currently attempting to integrate the Citizen Problem Manager into my small city for our government purposes. I'm currently running into two issues;

I am unable to make it so that reports are not visible to the public; It was decided that we would prefer getting double reports to the public seeing a list of all reports. While we can change the visibility in the Manager, I would like to default all problems to not being visible. I've gone extremely deep in the tree of layers, all the way to the source layer of the Requests layer, but none of them let me edit the default value of the 'Visible to Public' (also named 'publicview' ) Field to 'No'.

Secondly, I am attempting to change the fillable sections of the Citizen Manager's dashboard; that is, when you examine a report in the Manager Dashboard, I want to add extra forms to be filled by the individual working through it. I've added the Fields to the Request layer in question, and changed the pop up to include them as the manager says to do, but they still don't appear in the details tab as editable, they only appear in the details section for an overview. 

Are these two changes both only available using the ArcGIS Enterprise environment, or are there options to change them without setting up an Enterprise environment somewhere in the files? I've attempted to search through for information on this before, but it often is documentation from 2.0 series ArcPro information, while I'm running 3.0

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@BryantDevillier, if you just want to make all reports hidden to the public you can go to the Settings tab on the item details of the Requests_reporter view and change the setting "What features can editors see" to "Editors can't see any features, even those they add".

ChrisFox_0-1670544607333.png

To expose additional editable fields in Manager:

1. Open the Citizen Problem Manager map in Map Viewer Classic
  2. Click Configure Pop-ups on the Requests layer
  3. Click Configure Attributes
  4. Toggle on both the Display and Edit boxes next to the field(s) that you want to edit
  5. Click Ok > Ok and then Save the web map.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@BryantDevillier, if you just want to make all reports hidden to the public you can go to the Settings tab on the item details of the Requests_reporter view and change the setting "What features can editors see" to "Editors can't see any features, even those they add".

ChrisFox_0-1670544607333.png

To expose additional editable fields in Manager:

1. Open the Citizen Problem Manager map in Map Viewer Classic
  2. Click Configure Pop-ups on the Requests layer
  3. Click Configure Attributes
  4. Toggle on both the Display and Edit boxes next to the field(s) that you want to edit
  5. Click Ok > Ok and then Save the web map.

0 Kudos
BryantDevillier
New Contributor

Thanks Chris. These were clear answers that I wasn't noticing.

0 Kudos
Dawn_Scott
New Contributor III

HI Bryant, I was reviewing this response but cannot figure out the solution to the issue about keeping reports hidden.  I cannot find the location to change the setting "What features can editors see" to "Editors can't see any features, even those they add".  This option is greyed out in our feature layer views.  Could you clarify or send a quick screen shot?  Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Dawn_Scott
New Contributor III

Hi Chris, can you please explain how to make initial reports not visible?  I see the solution but in our solution, each of the hosted feature layer views does not have this editing option available - it is greyed out.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@Dawn_Scott, if you open the item details of the Requests_reporter view and go to the settings page you see the following options:

ChrisFox_0-1679491793036.png

If you set the highlighted setting, users won't be able to see any requests that have been submitted. Let me know if you would rather set them to default to hidden until you have the chance to triage and flag them as visible in the Manager application

0 Kudos