Can't edit Benchmark Report Template

04-21-2011 09:04 AM
ChrisKleinhofs
New Contributor
I'm trying to edit all of the available Business Analyst report templates but only some show up as available for editing when I go into the report wizard to "Create new and manage custom report templates"

There are many report templates in the "Report Templates_USA_ESRI" folder that do not show up in the available list of templates to edit.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Chris,

You are correct that not all of the reports in Business Analyst will be available in the custom report wizard.  This is by design currently and one will only see the general summary demographic reports as the templates that are available.  If you have any additional questions just let me know.

Jason R.
0 Kudos
ChrisKleinhofs
New Contributor
Jason,

I have to ask why would other reports be in the template folder if they are not available to be edited.  Can the extra reports be edited outside of ArcGIS?  I've tried to create new reports as well but it's been an incredibly frustrating process.
0 Kudos
JeffHincy
Esri Contributor
Chris,

The controls we created for that template (and in many of the other non-summary reports) were built outside of Crystal and outside the current HTMLext report editor and as such are difficult to integrate easily.  We have already discussed this internally and in future releases we will be investigating incorporating these into the product.  The first step in this process will be available in the next release of Business Analyst but I cannot give you too much information on that at this time.  So keep an eye out later this year for news on the release of Business Analyst 10.1 and its new features.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns on this or our report editor.

Regards,

Jeff Hincy
0 Kudos
RobertDeHerrera
New Contributor II
Jeff,
Will the v10.1 release include an update to the segmentation study standard report language? The introduction and conclusions, plus the comments & information intermingled within all of the segmentation study reports are strange. If we had the ability to change this language inside of BA Desktop through a report customization, it wouldn't be a big deal. However, we're stuck exporting to Excel and editing the language there. This isn't bad if you've only gone one report to run, but we routinely create 25-50 per month, and would appreciate the ability to modify all the templates...
0 Kudos