Business Analyst 10.1 2012 Data

07-26-2013 07:37 AM
RichardCippoletti
New Contributor
Good Morning,

Has anyone had an issue getting software delivery of this item?  Our install drive got corrupted during installation and we ordered a new drive back in May and still don't have it.  I spoke to everyone under the sun about the time frame when these drive will be available but no one has an answer.  I've been ordering GIS software from various vendors since 1992 and have never had an issue like this.  All that has to be done is reload the installation onto a new usb drive.  I am willing to send a blank drive to someone at ESRI and have them send it back with the version of software we need.  It stinks because we were in the middle of testing and now have been waiting for over two months.

Rick Cippoletti
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PeterBuwembo
Esri Contributor
Hmm! Sorry about the inconveniences caused with this. You are right shipping should not take that long.
Have you by any chance spoke to the account representative for the organization you work for?
Usually they are pretty good at shipping and responding to clients.

Also, have you tried to download the BA data 2012 from the customer care portal and this failed?
This might be the quickest way to get the install files to you if you can access the portal.
You can access it from this link below:
https://customers.esri.com/
You will be prompted to enter your global username/password
NOTE If global account is not yet linked to this page, then you will not be able to access it.

If you have already done this and got no positive results, then please contact support services and they will engage customer service on your behalf.

Contact information:
To contact Esri Technical Support (USA only):
Tel: (888)377-4575 | E-mail: support@esri.com
Hours of Operation: 5AM-5PM (PT) Monday-Friday
The Online Support Center http://support.esri.com

I hope this information is helpful.
0 Kudos
RichardCippoletti
New Contributor
Thank you for responding.  Unfortunately, I have explored all methods of getting this software.  I spoke to our account rep several times.  Spoke to a support rep several times.  I tried downloading several times and every time failed to go beyond 2gb.  I am not sure what else I can do but wait for 10.2/2012 or 13.
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Thank you for responding.  Unfortunately, I have explored all methods of getting this software.  I spoke to our account rep several times.  Spoke to a support rep several times.  I tried downloading several times and every time failed to go beyond 2gb.  I am not sure what else I can do but wait for 10.2/2012 or 13.

Richard,

I believe there is a physical media shortage (out of stock) at the moment as I have technical support incident with another Business Analyst user who is in the same boat.  I have not been able to find out any more details on why there is a shortage but when I do I will reply back here.

On a related topic it looks like ArcGIS 10.2 is hitting next week.  There is a Business Analyst 10.2 with the same 2012/2017 data.  Initially it will just be a BA10.2 software only download from the Customer Care Portal.  The 2012/2017 data install on existing systems can simply remain on the system and no need to uninstall/reinstall.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
RichardCippoletti
New Contributor
We did get our install disk about 2 weeks ago! 

One question now that we are testing.  We are attempting to create thematic maps with consumer expenditure data and are going the standard bg BDS layer as we've always done.  That data is not in the Block Group (bg) BDS layer is it was in 2010.  We can run reports and get results but we are stuck when it comes to using the data to create thematics.  Can someone tell me where the data resides in 2012 10.1?
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
We did get our install disk about 2 weeks ago! 

One question now that we are testing.  We are attempting to create thematic maps with consumer expenditure data and are going the standard bg BDS layer as we've always done.  That data is not in the Block Group (bg) BDS layer is it was in 2010.  We can run reports and get results but we are stuck when it comes to using the data to create thematics.  Can someone tell me where the data resides in 2012 10.1?

Richard,

The consumer spending variables who moved from the default BDS layers for performance reasons.  They are still available to use in Append Data (Spatial Overlay).  Probably the fastest way is simply to use the Color-Coded Maps toolbar to quick create a thematic layer and the consumer spending variables are available.  If a more permanent layer is desired using Standard Geographies to create the geography layer of choice and then quickly run an Append Data.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/#/Color_Coded_Maps_Toolbar/000z00000109000000/

Regards,
Jason R.