Best practice for deploying Citizen Problem Reporter 2.0

Jump to solution
08-30-2022 12:44 PM
JamesBurton1
Occasional Contributor

I currently have the Citizen Problem Reporter v1.0 deployed in My Content on my organizations AGOL. I want to upgrade to the Citizen Problem Reporter v2.0 by "Deploying Now" on the ArcGIS Solutions page. So I'm wondering, what is the best practice to do that? Am I going to have any conflicts with my existing layers? Do I need to back up the CitizenProblems feature layer beforehand so I don't lose all our records? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@ChrisFox 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@JamesBurton1, When you deploy a new version of a solution we will never modify or delete items from a previous deployment. In some cases we may reuse items, such as a shared service in a new web map delivered with the update, but we will only create new items. This is to ensure your existing deployment will be unaffected.

In the case of Citizen Problem Reporter v2.0 we updated everything and are deploying a complete new feature service so you will get a new folder in your content with all new items. There will be no shared items between v1.0 and v2.0 and v1.0 will be unaffected while you evaluate v2.0.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@JamesBurton1, When you deploy a new version of a solution we will never modify or delete items from a previous deployment. In some cases we may reuse items, such as a shared service in a new web map delivered with the update, but we will only create new items. This is to ensure your existing deployment will be unaffected.

In the case of Citizen Problem Reporter v2.0 we updated everything and are deploying a complete new feature service so you will get a new folder in your content with all new items. There will be no shared items between v1.0 and v2.0 and v1.0 will be unaffected while you evaluate v2.0.

JamesBurton1
Occasional Contributor

Exactly the answer I was hoping for. Thanks @ChrisFox 

0 Kudos