Select to view content in your preferred language

BA Territory Design: Seed Location Attributes

05-06-2014 07:36 AM
FraserMoffatt
Deactivated User
Looking for a solution to designing territories based on more than one resource at a seed location.

For instance, if I am designing balanced sales territories where there is more than one sales person at a seed location, how would I go about setting that as a parameter? Each seed location would have differing numbers of sales persons.

For example, if one sales person could handle a customer base of 1000, four sales persons could handle 4000. The next territory might have two sales persons and the next territory might have one. The terrorities would be balanced based on the customer base as well as the capacity of the sales team at each location.

Is there a parameter control for this in the Territory Design Wizard?

If not, is there a practical work-around?

Thanks!

FM
DND
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Looking for a solution to designing territories based on more than one resource at a seed location.

For instance, if I am designing balanced sales territories where there is more than one sales person at a seed location, how would I go about setting that as a parameter? Each seed location would have differing numbers of sales persons.

For example, if one sales person could handle a customer base of 1000, four sales persons could handle 4000. The next territory might have two sales persons and the next territory might have one. The terrorities would be balanced based on the customer base as well as the capacity of the sales team at each location.

Is there a parameter control for this in the Territory Design Wizard?

If not, is there a practical work-around?

Thanks!

FM
DND

Fraser,

The quick answer is that this is not possible in Territory Design the scenario you describe have several sales people based out of one location.  This is incredibly complex from a coding perspective.  I checked in with the Product Engineer on this and it is has been something that has been explored internally developmental-wise but the complexity of the issue currently precludes this functionality.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos