Select to view content in your preferred language

BA drawing drive times differently on different machines

10-03-2013 10:14 AM
RafiqBasaria
New Contributor II
Hello!! I have been having a really strange issue, and I have been going back and forth with ESRI tech support on it for about a week now. Figured I would ask the question here and see if any one has any ideas.

My issue has to do with drive times. I have 3 machines at my disposal at work, 2 ArcGIS Basic desktops and 1 ArcGIS Standard desktop, all running BA 10.1 with 2012 data. ESRI has confirmed that all of our settings are the same. Having run drive times on all 3 machines, I get a different polygon shape on one of the machines (my machine and the one that will be running all of the reports). The other 2 machines both get the same results, while mine differ. ESRI gets the same results as the 2 machines here that are getting the same results. This leads me to believe that something is off with how my machine is drawing drive times. ESRI seems to be at a loss, and I most certainly am as well.

Have any of you come across this issue? Is there a way to restore all ArcGIS settings to default?

Thanks in advance for any help!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello!! I have been having a really strange issue, and I have been going back and forth with ESRI tech support on it for about a week now. Figured I would ask the question here and see if any one has any ideas.

My issue has to do with drive times. I have 3 machines at my disposal at work, 2 ArcGIS Basic desktops and 1 ArcGIS Standard desktop, all running BA 10.1 with 2012 data. ESRI has confirmed that all of our settings are the same. Having run drive times on all 3 machines, I get a different polygon shape on one of the machines (my machine and the one that will be running all of the reports). The other 2 machines both get the same results, while mine differ. ESRI gets the same results as the 2 machines here that are getting the same results. This leads me to believe that something is off with how my machine is drawing drive times. ESRI seems to be at a loss, and I most certainly am as well.

Have any of you come across this issue? Is there a way to restore all ArcGIS settings to default?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Rafiq,

First thing I would check would be to make sure that the Time of Day option is de-selected on all the machines on the Drive Time tab in Business Analyst Preferences.

If still finding some differences I would probably test using just Network Analyst and creating service areas on both machines to see if you are able to replicate.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos