ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool for Pro 2.7

Jump to solution
12-17-2020 04:31 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

When will the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool be available for Pro 2.7?

Currently the Add-in is supporting ArcGIS Pro 2.4 - 2.6 (Basic, Standard, or Advanced).

Regards,

Saranya

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @S6 , I am working with 2.7 and was able to access the Update Domain Tool. I am curious if you cloned your python environment. I have experienced problems in the past with upgrading Pro and a cloned python environment breaking after the upgrade. When I delete the cloned environments it typically fixes this issue.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Has Pro 2.7 been released?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
S6
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Yes. 

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I guess I missed the announcement; @KoryKramer would you care to comment on this?  I run the Address Data Management Solution, so I won't be upgrading till that gets the green light.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@JoeBorgione, Address Data Management is certified for Pro 2.7. If you see our current documentation we list it as supported in versions 2.5 or later. We certify with every new release of Pro and only release an update if something is not longer compatible.

@Anonymous User this is true for the Solution Deployment Tool. The current version of the add-in will work in 2.7.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Thanks @ChrisFox !

S6
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Thanks! When I tried deploying the solution, it failed in Pro 2.7. The error message I got was "Update Domain Tool not available". So I checked the Solutions Deployment Tool page, the following was mentioned in the requirement section.

Solution deployment
  • ArcGIS Pro 2.4 - 2.6 (Basic, Standard, or Advanced).

So I tried again in Pro 2.6 - it was working fine. So I assumed Pro 2.7 uodate is pending.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @S6 , I am working with 2.7 and was able to access the Update Domain Tool. I am curious if you cloned your python environment. I have experienced problems in the past with upgrading Pro and a cloned python environment breaking after the upgrade. When I delete the cloned environments it typically fixes this issue.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I haven't yet upgraded to 2.7 but plan to in the next (working) day or so.  When upgrading to a new version of ArcGIS Pro, if you have cloned environment that the previous version pointed to, that environment is no longer available to your newest version.  This is one of the reasons I'm always hesitant to upgrade. Seems like I get an environment just the way I want it with additional packages and ArcGis Pro gets version change. Incremental upgrades (2.6 to 2.6.1) will honor the current, active clone.

S6
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Oh! will definitely try this...thanks 🙂

0 Kudos