Polygon feature layer not rendering properly in Chrome 70 version

Jump to solution
10-25-2018 08:53 PM
SrinivasOruganti
New Contributor II

We are currently using ArcGis JavaScript API version 3.18 in one of the web portals that we have customized.

The layers in the file got rendered properly in the google chrome versions 69 and below.

Two days back we have updated the Google chrome to version 70 and from that time the feature layers are not getting rendered properly when we zoom in.

When we zoom in to the layers to a lower scale the layer features gets rendered at a different location and when we pan in the map viewer it gets displayed to correct position.

This seems to be happening to the feature layers with bigger polygons. The lines feature layers seem to be rendering fine.

We are using ArcGIS server 10.4

This issue does not occur in the IE version 11.1593.14393.0

Have any one encountered this issue of late? What is the possible solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

I believe this is a Chrome 70 regression/bug - that's been fixed for Chrome 71:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=899291  "Overflow: visible doesnt work correctly when bezier curve is modified"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MattRantala1
New Contributor II

I have also seen this behavior in the last few days. I have seen it occur in Chome but not in Firefox. So far I've only seen polygons do this.

I have submitted a support request.

0 Kudos
MattRantala1
New Contributor II

Just a bit of follow-up. While investigating this with tech support, I was able to recreate the problem by publishing a web map using a Esri-published feature service. Seems pretty likely that it is a browser problem at this point.

https://arcg.is/1XDGnf0

SamuelGould
New Contributor II

I've seen this behavior recently for both line and point feature layers in ArcGIS for Portal (10.6.1).  It doesn't happen in IE or Firefox.

I also have a case open...

SamuelGould
New Contributor II

Chrome 71 seems to have resolved my issue.

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

I believe this is a Chrome 70 regression/bug - that's been fixed for Chrome 71:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=899291  "Overflow: visible doesnt work correctly when bezier curve is modified"

SrinivasOruganti
New Contributor II

Thanks Bjorn. I have downloaded the chrome beta version 71 and now the layer seems to be rendering properly.

LiviaBetancourtMazur
New Contributor III

Hi Srinivas. Thanks for posting this discussion. I started noticing the exact issue you describe on many of our web app builder apps starting on October 17th (and I believe Google Chrome 70 came out on 10/16). I noticed this on all types of layers - points, lines, and polygons.

Since then I have been trying all manner of things - from changing the map services published on servers to hosted feature services, upgrading WAB version in cases where we had custom apps built on older versions, seeing if I noticed the same in the AGOL map viewer (as opposed to an app).... I, too, concluded that it was a browser issue since I could not replicate the problem in Firefox or Explorer and none of my experiments solved the issue.

I did what Bjorn suggested (trying Chrome 71 beta) and it looks like the problem is solved!

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
MattRantala1
New Contributor II

Using Chrome 71 also resolved the problem for me.

0 Kudos