wpf timeslider customisation

03-11-2015 06:41 AM
FrancoisGilbert
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using the time slider to display my temporal layer and I would like to modify the size of the arrow button that does the previous and next movement. Does anyone have a code sample that does this. Here is the XAML code I have so far.

<local:AutoTimeSlider x:Name="MyTimeSlider"  Visibility="Collapsed" MaxWidth="700"

Loop="{Binding ElementName=chkLoop, Path=IsChecked, Mode=TwoWay}"

PlaySpeed="{Binding ElementName=sliderPlaySpeed, Path=Value, Converter={StaticResource playSpeedLogConverter}, Mode=TwoWay}"

TimeMode="{Binding ElementName=cmbTimeMode, Path=SelectedValue}"

Intervals="{Binding ElementName=MyTimeSpan, Path=Value, NotifyOnSourceUpdated=True}"

Grid.Row="1"

Grid.Column="1"                                     

Height="20"

Margin="4,2,4,5"

/>

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor

You can do it by retemplating the timeslider control provided in the toolkit.

As starting point you can use the time slider default style provided in githhub and then you'll have to modify the size of the previous and next buttons.

0 Kudos
FrancoisGilbert
New Contributor

Thanks,

That is what I needed.

0 Kudos
FrancoisGilbert
New Contributor

Hello Dominique,

I have tried the example and I had problem for the following element

<localPrimitives:TickBar x:Name="TickMarks"

What are the reference that I need to add in my project to be able to compile it.

François

0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux

You need to add a reference to the ArcGIS Silverlight Toolkit but I guess you already have it.

Tickbar is under the namespace ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit.Primitives. So in XAML you have to define the primitives namespace with something like:

xmlns:localPrimitives="clr-namespace:ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit.Primitives"

0 Kudos
FrancoisGilbert
New Contributor

Dominique,

I am working with Arcgis runtime for wpf v10.2.3 so I do not have "ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit.Primitives" available in my SDK. As silverlight will be depreciated by Microsoft, I do not want to add it to my wpf project.

François

0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux

Sorry, I mixed up Silverlight and WPF.

But anyway if you reference the ArcGIS Toolkit for WPF you should have a "ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit.Primitives" namespace.

Do you at least see the "ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit" namespace?

0 Kudos
FrancoisGilbert
New Contributor

I have referenced in my project the ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit that also contains the primitives assembly so that should be OK. In my XAML declaration I have the following:

xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"

xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"

xmlns:esri="http://schemas.esri.com/arcgis/client/2009"

xmlns:local="clr-namespace:Optipro.WpfArcGis"

xmlns:System="clr-namespace:System;assembly=mscorlib"

xmlns:i="clr-namespace:System.Windows.Interactivity;assembly=System.Windows.Interactivity"

xmlns:localPrimitives="clr-namespace:ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit.Primitives"

xmlns:local="clr-namespace:ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit"

Visual Studio still complain that localPrimitives:TickBar is not found.

0 Kudos