FeatureLayer.AddAttachment broken in 10.2

11-14-2013 03:41 PM
RyanCooney
New Contributor III
FeatureLayer.AddAttachment(...) seems to be broken as of the 10.2 release. You can see in Fiddler that the POST happens, but the content of the stream/file is not sent. It works as expected with the 10.1 version of the SDK.

--Ryan
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Sorry - this is a known issue in the 10.2 release - we are currently working on a fix which will be released as part of the Toolkit source code on GitHub: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-toolkit-sl-wpf.

The fix will then be included in the next release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
RyanCooney
New Contributor III
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a couple follow-up questions:

1. Can you confirm if the Toolkit fix you mentioned will be a change to the AttachmentEditor control so that it just implements its own upload, rather than using the FeatureLayer.AddAttachment method?

2. Can you provide any sort of timeline for a fix to the FeatureLayer.AddAttachment method?

Thank you,

--Ryan
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Hi,

1. Can you confirm if the Toolkit fix you mentioned will be a change to the AttachmentEditor control so that it just implements its own upload, rather than using the FeatureLayer.AddAttachment method?

Unfortunately I can't provide specific implementation details at this time.

1. Can you provide any sort of timeline for a fix to the FeatureLayer.AddAttachment method?

We should be able to make this available in the next few weeks, hopefully sooner.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
RyanCooney
New Contributor III
Thank you!

--Ryan
0 Kudos
RyanCooney
New Contributor III
Hi Mike,
Just looking to see if there is an update on this. Thanks,

--Ryan
0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux
Hi Ryan,

I added a GitHub branch with the code source of a work around to the Add Attachment WPF10.2 issue.

Let me know if you run into any issue with it.
0 Kudos
NaomichiKUWAHARA
Esri Contributor
This issue is seems to be related to the NIM063669.
NIM063669: Corruption in the multi-byte file name while downloading it with Attachment Editor in Silverlight API.

In Silverlight API ver3.2, this error occurs with IE & Firefox, Chrome.
0 Kudos