Select to view content in your preferred language

Voice Guidance for more custom Text from Route result

01-24-2024 08:18 AM
hduong_stpmad5050
New Contributor

Is there a way to add/convert more voice guidance from our text at given locations along street segment?

We have a spray truck and spray lines. Then I have a route result from VRP program. I was able to add more custom text/info to “Display Text” field in *DirectionPoints layer, at certain locations along a route based on our spray lines as the following example:

+ at the start of the street as “SPRAY ON”,

+ at the end of the street will be “SPRAY OFF”.

+ And at every x distance feet of the street, keep saying “ KEEP SPRAY ON”.

hduong_stpmad5050_1-1706113016525.png

I can see my custom text shown in ArcGIS navigator, ArcGIS Pro or in ArcGIS Runtime’s Manneuver object. My question is How to turn this text to voice? If you have a sample code for this, it will be really helpful as I could not find it in any ESRI sample codes Github.

I found this video and I think that it could be possible to do this task as the presenter mentioned on using “My Voice Guidance”.

hduong_stpmad5050_0-1706112327994.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hduong_stpmad5050
New Contributor

Hi All,

Is this the right section to ask? I know @Frank Kish talked about a different way for voice guidance from his presentation. Is there way for direct contact? Thanks All

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMbjgQYdhnU

This session will cover tips and tricks when using the ArcGIS Runtime Routing and Navigation API. We will demo example code using these APIs to accomplish specific tasks and highlight details regarding their usage. These principles are common across Android, iOS, Java, Qt, and .NET Runtime SDKs ...
0 Kudos