TiledMapServiceLayer on AcceleratedDisplayLayers

09-18-2012 02:54 PM
Labels (1)
AaronMorrisett
New Contributor II
I am having trouble getting local imagery in the TiledMapServiceLayer to render on the Accelerated Layers collection.  Can anyone confirm if this works or not?

Regards,
     Aaron
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

For local imagery we'd recommend creating a Tile Package with ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop and adding that to your application via the ArcGISLocalTiledLayer class.

However, if you are trying to read from your own store of tiled images on disk you could investigate deriving from the TiledLayer class because the TiledMapServiceLayer class is more specifically implemented to work with services.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
DamonHill
New Contributor
I tried doing as suggested here.  However I get an exception thrown in the Runtime.NativeLayer constructor saying "Value not in the expected range".  I tried cloning all the public properties of TiledLayer from a ArcGISLocalTiledLayer into my custom TiledLayer derivative, but it didn't make a difference.

It seems that the accelerated layer handlers in the 10.1 Runtime SDK don't like custom TiledLayer derivatives and expect one of the ESRI classes.

I tried deriving from ArcGISLocalTiledLayer and replacing some funcitonality.  This got rid of the above mentioned exception, but I couln't get it to request tiles from the layer.
0 Kudos