Runtime license error

Jump to solution
05-21-2013 03:01 PM
Labels (1)
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor
Has anyone see this error when you try to run the Samples application?

License error with ArcGISRuntime. The ArcGISRuntime SDK Developer license is invalid, please reset with new developer licenses.

I was able to run the Samples before.  This happened soon after I tried authorized one of the deployment licenses we purchased to test our deployment model.  I have tried reauthorizing with the developer license, it didn't give me any problem, but the test license does not show up on the license viewer.  Even tried re-installing the SDK, that didn't help.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewBrown1
Occasional Contributor
I've not seen that myself, but your deployment licence may have overridden your EDN keycodes. Do you have a keycodes file in C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.1\sysgen (or the x86 folder on x64 OS)? Can you see the EDN code/software authorization number and expiry date?

You may have to re-authorise the SDK:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/runtime-wpf/concepts/index.html#//01700000006n000000

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthewBrown1
Occasional Contributor
I've not seen that myself, but your deployment licence may have overridden your EDN keycodes. Do you have a keycodes file in C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.1\sysgen (or the x86 folder on x64 OS)? Can you see the EDN code/software authorization number and expiry date?

You may have to re-authorise the SDK:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/runtime-wpf/concepts/index.html#//01700000006n000000
0 Kudos
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the pointing me in the right direction Matthew. Indeed the deployment license had overriden my EDN codes.  I did try reauthorize it a few times before, but without success.  What I ended up doing was emptying the keycodes file, then reauthorize with my EDN license.  Only then it works.  It seems once you authorize the deployment license, there's no clean way of going back.  I wish the two licenses could co-exists, but this will have to do for now.
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with licensing. Development and deployment licenses should happily coexist on the same machine and the License Viewer can display both.

If you are still experiencing issues - the resolution is usually as Matthew suggested - to backup your keycodes file (i.e. rename) and re-authorize both license files/numbers to generate a new keycodes file.

If this doesn't work for you please contact technical support to report the problem.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos