Select to view content in your preferred language

Labels get a white halo when background color is not white

Jump to solution
05-14-2014 04:35 AM
Labels (1)
MiriRevivo
Occasional Contributor
Hi guys,

I am sure that I've already seen this problem before, but I can't recall if I solved it, and more importantly - how 🙂
I have a DynamicMapServiceLayer in which one of the layers' labels are turned on.
Everything looks fine when the color of the background is white, but when we change the color of the background, or when we add a basemap layer underneath it, the labels that exceed that shape they represent get this white halo, which makes them look very bad, practically unreadable.

I've attached a screen shot of how it looks.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Miri.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiriRevivo
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

No, it was not a service level setting, it was the image format I was using.
I indeed had done this before, but it took me a while to remember what I did exactly..

So what solved the problem was setting the ImageFormat of the DynamicMapServiceLayer to PNG32, and that made the labels background transparent.

<esri:ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer ID="USA Demographic" Url="path to layer" ImageFormat="PNG32"/>

Miri.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi Miri,

Do you mean the Map control background color?

Is there a relevant service-level setting when publishing the dynamic map service? e.g. Text Anti-Aliasing (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#/Setting_map_service_properties/00sq0000009...).

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
MiriRevivo
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

No, it was not a service level setting, it was the image format I was using.
I indeed had done this before, but it took me a while to remember what I did exactly..

So what solved the problem was setting the ImageFormat of the DynamicMapServiceLayer to PNG32, and that made the labels background transparent.

<esri:ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer ID="USA Demographic" Url="path to layer" ImageFormat="PNG32"/>

Miri.
0 Kudos