Using Qt Linux Deployment Tool to build an installation package

09-12-2019 09:47 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can I build an installation package for an ArcGIS application using qt linux deployment tool (https://github.com/probonopd/linuxdeployqt). While trying to build it with Qt 5.13 and using ldd I am getting the following error:

./libEsriCommonQt.so: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.12' not found (required by ./libEsriCommonQt.so)

is there any way to build the installer package using Qt 5.13?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Contributor

Hi Saksham,

Could you give me a bit more info on:

* What is the exact `linuxdeployqt` command you are trying to run.

* If you run `objdump -x libEsriCommonQt.so | grep PATH` - what are the RPATH and RUNPATH values you see? The tool should have edited the runpath to display `RUNPATH $ORIGIN`

* Do you have patchelf and appimagetool installed? I believe these are prerequistes for linuxdeployqt.

By the looks of your error, libEsriCommonQt has not been correctly pulled and patched to point to the $ORIGIN folder, and so is instead falling back on the default Qt 5 installation that came with your OS. You can use `patchelf` to change the RUNPATH/RPATH of a library at-will and see if this works also. But it sounds more like a problem with linuxdeployqt.

You can try running with debug-logging and see what it is attempting to do to patch libEsriCommonQt.so after it has been copied into the lib folder.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Contributor

To clarify, the issue here is not that ArcGISRuntime for Qt doesn't work with Qt 5.13. The issue is that the version of Qt found here: `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5` is likely going to be Qt 5.6 or Qt 5.9. (Though you might need to confirm that for me.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hey,

I am trying to run "./linuxdeployqt-6-x86_64.AppImage ../build-application-Desktop_Qt_5_13_0_GCC_64bit-Release/application"

Initially if I run the `ldd` command it says libEsriCommonQt.so => not found and libruntimecore.so => not found.

So, to mitigate that I do `export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/arcgis/runtime_sdk/qt100.5/sdk/linux/x64/lib/`

and sudo ldconfig, which finds the path in the next ldd.

But using the above command gives:

ERROR: ldd outputLine: "/arcgis/runtime_sdk/qt100.5/sdk/linux/x64/lib/libEsriCommonQt.so: /anaconda3/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.12' not found (required by /arcgis/runtime_sdk/qt100.5/sdk/linux/x64/lib/libEsriCommonQt.so)"
ERROR: for binary: "/arcgis/runtime_sdk/qt100.5/sdk/linux/x64/lib/libEsriCommonQt.so"

Running `objdump -x libEsriCommonQt.so | grep PATH`

gives me :    objdump: 'libEsriCommonQt.so': No such file

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Contributor

Is `/anaconda3/lib/libQt5Core.so` the correct location of your Qt install? It seems likelyto me you have Qt libs that came with your OS that are conflicting with your current Qt libs.

Try adding -qmake=<path> to your commands to point to the correct qmake binary to use, or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to also point to the desired Qt libs as well.

For example, if I built and used Qt installed at `/home/Qt/5.13.0` then I need the qmake that exists at `/home/Qt/5.13.0/bin/qmake` to make sure that linuxdeployqt doesn't pick up the Qt libs that exist in my `/usr/lib/` directory.

0 Kudos