No context for: QmlSymbolImage from ArcGISRuntime.core

02-27-2020 08:27 AM
IngmarAlting
New Contributor

Hello All,

I am working on a QML application to visualize a map with custom markers/pictures. I am doing so with a GraphicsOverlay and adding Graphic's with as symbol a PictureMarkerSymbol. I am actually having some progress as the markers show on the map as expected but I am puzzling to prevent the following warning/error from the Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Core plugin:

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Core: static QmlImageProvider* QmlImageSource::imageProvider(QObject*) No context for: QmlSymbolImage

I thought of having a custom ImageProvider added to the application and it works as expected for default QML Images. It seems to me that the Esri plugin uses its own image provider but I have no idea how to add the custom version nor override its members...

Someone having any idea's on how to prevent the warning/errors?

Regards,

Ingmar

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

This is a known issue with our QML Image Provider, but to our knowledge from testing with our test apps, should not cause any issues when displaying picture marker symbols as graphics. There isn't a way to override the image provider. 

0 Kudos
IngmarAlting
New Contributor

Hello Lucas,

Thanks for your reply.

We are periodically updating the map with new symbols with a pretty high scanrate giving about 100+ lines per second. Although performance is acceptable it would be great to find a fix for this problem.

At the moment we are using 100.6 version of the SDK, is it still an issue in later versions?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

is it still an issue in later versions

It has not been fixed in any released versions of the SDK yet. We plan to do so soon. However, to clarify expectations, this should not affect performance. Once we fix this, you won't see any performance gains. 

0 Kudos