How to render QImage on MapGraphicsView?

10-20-2020 07:20 AM
FatmaAkdemir
Occasional Contributor II

We have a QImage changing according to the received radar signal. So it's not a constant QImage. We tried to show our QImage on MapGraphicsView by using PictureFillSymbol and GraphicOverlay classes but it did not work. It would work if it was stretching the QImage instead of tiling it. How can I achieve this without a tiling when image is zoomed? I could not find a suitable class in ArcGIS to show my image.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately we don't have the option to stretch the PictureFillSymbol

Could you consider using 3D? If so, ImageOverlay would be a good option - arcgis-runtime-samples-qt/ArcGISRuntimeSDKQt_CppSamples/Scenes/AnimateImagesWithImageOverlay at mast... 

Long term we are looking at bringing support to 2D as well, but it is not there yet. 

Another option is KML Ground Overlay, but this also will only work in 3D at the moment arcgis-runtime-samples-qt/ArcGISRuntimeSDKQt_CppSamples/EditData/EditKmlGroundOverlay at master · Es... 

Another user has a similar use case and is hitting similar limitations.

The initial problem is discussed here Adjusting KML placement in realtime in a MapView 

A potential workaround using PictureMarkerSymbol is described here PictureMarkerSymbol problems 

FatmaAkdemir

I have tried ImageOverlay and it looks good for now. I was just wondering if there is a way to make SceneView appear like a 2D view. Do you have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

No, at this point, it is 3D only.

0 Kudos
FatmaAkdemir

Hi Lucas,

We have switched to 3D and managed to show our QImage (Radar Image) on SceneView. However it is shown as an oval shaped image. How can we make it look like a circle as it was in 2D? I have atteached the screenshot.

0 Kudos