Why is my QueryTaskStatus signal call so delayed? (QML)

01-27-2016 06:39 PM
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

I'm using QT Creator and  ArcGIS.Runtime 10.26.

I have a QueryTask query for some graphics geometry in an app I'm making, the response comes back from the server within a couple hundred milliseconds (checked using Charles), but QueryTask isn't setting QueryTaskStatus to completed until something like 5 seconds after the response is received. I don't really know what's going wrong or how to track it down. 

Does anyone have experience for this or perhaps a suggestion for how to try and figure out what's causing the delay?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hmm, seems a bit odd. Is the query returning quite a lot of features and fields? Maybe the response comes quickly, but the parsing and everything that takes place before it is complete is taking some time? Maybe limit the amount of fields you are returning if you haven't done so already? Also, are you running in release or debug? If debug, I would be curious to see if release is faster.

Also, depending on what you are doing (not sure if this fits into your workflow or not), have you considered doing a local query on the GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable? These run client side and should be quite fast.

-Luke

0 Kudos
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

The query returns only five fields and a single feature. The feature is a shape, in one case made of 1200 points.  I thought maybe it was the parsing of this information that was slow, but the JS api is working almost instantaneously for 3 or 4 of these exact same queries at a time.

Also, I have done both release and debug with the same results.

I'll look into the local queries, but I'm not sure it will work for this project.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

That's odd. Maybe you can PM a service and some code for me to try and repro?