GeodesicEllipseParameters class not available

Jump to solution
08-28-2017 12:40 PM
NicholasLiccini
New Contributor II

Hi!

I am using C++/Qt template for ArcGIS Runtime 100.1 and am trying to use the GeometryEngine::ellipseGeodesic method and it seems that the only way to do that is by passing in an instance of the GeodesicEllipseParameters class.

However, my issue is that when I try to include the header file for the parameters class (#include <GeodesicEllipseParameters>) the compiler tells me the file is not included.

Is there a different name for the class or another way to use the ellipseGeodesic method? I got this header file from the C++ API so I can't imagine it being incorrect, every other class has worked so far for me.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LukeSmallwood
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicholas, thanks for getting in touch. The GeodesicEllipseParameters class is actually defined in the header of GeometryEngine.h (along with a number of other types used by this class). If you are already including GeometryEngine you should be able to remove the line "#include <GeodesicEllipseParameters>" and it ought to work. Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LukeSmallwood
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicholas, thanks for getting in touch. The GeodesicEllipseParameters class is actually defined in the header of GeometryEngine.h (along with a number of other types used by this class). If you are already including GeometryEngine you should be able to remove the line "#include <GeodesicEllipseParameters>" and it ought to work. Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
NicholasLiccini
New Contributor II

Thank you, that worked!

0 Kudos