Select to view content in your preferred language

App doesn't start at full deployment 100.14 Runtime Windows

Jump to solution
05-30-2022 12:14 PM
HomeroOriaAguilera
New Contributor

Hi. I have the following problem.

I started an empty Qt Quick 100.14 Runtime project to test the full cycle deployment in windows. I follow the guide from here. 

1. I run windeployqt tool on release folder. 

C:\Qt\5.15.8\msvc2019_64\bin\windeployqt --no-translations --qmldir C:\Proyectos\MiProyectoFinal\qml .

• I copied the qml folder from ArcGIS SDK folder to my release folder.HomeroOriaAguilera_1-1653937341780.png

• I copied the ESRI Common DLL and runtime core DLL from ArcGIS SDK folder to my release folder.HomeroOriaAguilera_2-1653937642827.png
  • I copied the OpenSSL files.
  • So the structure of my release directory is:
  • HomeroOriaAguilera_3-1653937716808.png

The executable doesn't run. No window, no cursor loading, nothing.

The application ran fine in Release mode when I started from the QtCreatror. The Sample Viewer from ArcGIS runs fine too.

Using:

Qt. 5.15.8

MSVC2019 64Bits

Windows 10

Any ideas about what's happening? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoushikHajra
Esri Contributor

Hello @HomeroOriaAguilera,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please try the command below for the deployment and see if it helps? I am not sure which dependencies you're missing. You can try dependency walker to see that and then add those pieces to pass to windeployqt.

There's another way to figure out the missing modules from qt creator.  You can attach the app from qtcreator and then run it. Once it starts up (or doesn't start), pause the debugger and look at the modules to check the modules paths. You should be able to figure out the missing module by looking through each module. I know it's a bit tedious but once you've figured it out, it should be easier from that point on.   

windeployqt.exe --dir <the directory for deployent eg c:\temp> <app path>.exe --qmldir <qml path>\qml -multimedia -sensors -positioning

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KoushikHajra
Esri Contributor

Hello @HomeroOriaAguilera,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please try the command below for the deployment and see if it helps? I am not sure which dependencies you're missing. You can try dependency walker to see that and then add those pieces to pass to windeployqt.

There's another way to figure out the missing modules from qt creator.  You can attach the app from qtcreator and then run it. Once it starts up (or doesn't start), pause the debugger and look at the modules to check the modules paths. You should be able to figure out the missing module by looking through each module. I know it's a bit tedious but once you've figured it out, it should be easier from that point on.   

windeployqt.exe --dir <the directory for deployent eg c:\temp> <app path>.exe --qmldir <qml path>\qml -multimedia -sensors -positioning

0 Kudos
HomeroOriaAguilera
New Contributor

Yes, it works adding the last modules to the command chain:

-multimedia -sensors -positioning

0 Kudos