Viewer User-Type Update Feature on Public Layer

07-29-2019 01:51 PM
QAAccount
New Contributor

I'm running into an issue around using the ArcGIS Online "Viewer" (formerly Level 1) User-Type and attempting to update an anonymously editable (shared with everyone + editable) feature layer, and I'm trying to determine whether I'm doing something invalid or whether it might be a bug in the runtime. I'm using the Xamarin Forms .NET Runtime (100.5).

When I first load a webmap with the anonymously editable feature layer and set the runtime license to the NamedUser-type license obtained from AGOL (a "Lite" license), I am able to update a feature on that layer's ServiceFeatureTable using a call to myServiceFeatureTable.UpdateFeatureAsync(myFeature). However, if I reload the map while still in my app (i.e. assign my map control a new Map() object at the same webmap URL and load it), I get the following error if I try to make the same UpdateFeatureAsync() call again on the same feature:

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ArcGISRuntimeException: 'Attempt to use functionality that is not supported for the current license level'

I've found a workaround that works some of the time, which is to clear out the existing credentials in the AuthenticationManager and re-apply them before reloading the map, like:

>   var tmpCred = AuthenticationManager.Current.Credentials.First();

>   AuthenticationManager.Current.RemoveAllCredentials();

>   AuthenticationManager.Current.AddCredential(tmpCred);

>   // Now reload the webmap and try to update the feature again

This also seems to fail intermittently, however, and I have been so far unable to determine the difference in state between when it's succeeding and when it's failing. Are there any steps I might be missing when reloading the webmap? Why would reloading the credentials here potentially make any difference? Is this simply unsupported behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

I am failing to reproduce this in house. By any chance could you provide a simple repro and I can take a look at it?

Cheers,

Preeti

0 Kudos