"Invalid XML. :" on OpenAsync

10-24-2014 12:16 PM
JohnSelkirk
New Contributor III

Hi,

I created a SQLite geodatabase using the GenerateGeodatabaseAsync method and it seemed to work as expected.

A GDB was created and downloaded properly but when I try to open it I get: "Invalid XML. :"

The StackTrace is:

"   at RuntimeCoreNet.Interop.HandleException(Boolean retVal)\r\n   at RuntimeCoreNet.CoreFeatureCache..ctor(String databasePath)\r\n   at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Data.Geodatabase..ctor(String path)\r\n   at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Data.Geodatabase.OpenAsync(String path)\r\n   at TCT.Mims.Sync.Server.Runtime.IncrementalSync.<UpdateDatabase>d__27.MoveNext() in :::"

Has anyone seen that message before? The only reference I see Googling with Bing is the Esri page on Editing and Syncing Feature table editing and sync error codes—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS | ArcGIS for Developers

Without anything after the "Invalid XML. :" to indicate what XML (or table even if the XML is null) it's hard to track it down.

Thanks,

John.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JeriLedbetter
New Contributor II

I had trouble with this too. I had a couple of fields in the mxd that I had toggled off. They had no part in the relationships or subtype. When I toggled them back on and re-exported, all was well. I'm using 10.3 and IOS.

JohnSelkirk
New Contributor III

I have spent a good time on this same issue for a different customer that is running a version of our product that uses 10.2.7. We have tried all of the steps we know and still get this error.

Interestingly I tried this in a v100.1 version our software and the error does not happen. The client is not able to upgrade until March next year (budget cycle) but it would really useful to know what the schema issue is so that we can work around it for now.

I have a schema only version of the SQLite geodatabase that I can provide.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

John.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi John,

Summarizing the issues we saw could cause this in 10.2.7:

- Sub-type requires a field that is not in the Geodatabase because it was not visible in the map layer.
- Feature Class has a relationship to a table that is not in the Geodatabase. 
- Global ID is not Primary Key on all of the relationship classes.

- Empty Coded Value Domain.

Any of those applicable?

Cheers

Mike

JohnSelkirk
New Contributor III

Mike, 

That helped (empty coded vale domain especially).

We have found that v100.1/2 has had some really good improvements when it comes to Invalid XML. There seems to have been a good amount of work in that area. Thanks.

John.

0 Kudos