Geoserver and WMS Tiled

08-30-2018 01:49 AM
GonzaloMuöoz
Occasional Contributor

I have a program that connects with geoserver through a getcapabilities request with arcgis sdk:

WmsLayer myWmtsService = new WmsLayer(new Uri("http://localhost:8070/geoserver/World/wms?SERVICE=WMS&tiled=true&REQUEST=getcapabilities&VERSION=1.1... "));

the problem is that when I add it to de mapview, it behaves itself as singletile and I would like arcgis to ask layers tiling. An example: if height and width of the mapview is 1000x1000, now arcgis makes a getmap request with height and width 1000x1000, but I'd like it to make several getmap requests with hegith and width 250x250.

How can I make the arcgis code to configure it to work this way?

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Are you using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET v100.3?

Cheers

Mike

GonzaloMuöoz
Occasional Contributor

Yes, that's it.

0 Kudos
GonzaloMuöoz
Occasional Contributor

Hi again Michael, 

Do you have any clue about this?

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Can you use the WmtsLayer Class instead?

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
GonzaloMuöoz
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

we have been using previously WMTS services with geowebcache in our app with a image pyramid stored in geoserver, but it loads the image on our app really slow, that's why we tried to change to WMS services with geowebcache direct integration... 

Is it normal that the image load with WMTS and geowebcache goes really slow?

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
CharlesRoberts1
New Contributor III

I have the same request. In a nutshell, GeoServer wants tiled=true in each subsequent (WmsLayer generated) request as well as the initial GetCapabilities request. Also, the image size needs to be set to the desired tile size, for example, 256,256.

0 Kudos