Windows 10 IoT Core support

Jump to solution
11-01-2021 02:05 AM
Jbi48
by
New Contributor

Hi,

My question is quite simple. Can I use the "ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET" package for developing an UWP app to be deployed on an embedded device running Windows 10 IoT Core?

Target is a custom design with processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 410E running newest available version of windows 10 IoT core - build 1809 ( ver. 17731.x)

For now I have tried to create a simple UWP app with nuget package "Esri.ArcGISRuntime.UWP" installed. I use version 100.11.2 as version 100.12.0 requires a newer version of Windows on the device.

I can build for my development PC (x86) and run the app just fine.

I can build for my target (ARM) and deploy, but all calls to Esri.ArcGISRuntime methods fails with exception: "System.DllNotFoundException: 'Unable to load DLL 'RuntimeCoreNet.dll' or one of its dependencies"

So is this exception just caused by a simple misunderstanding that I cannot use this SDK for my current setup? Or Im a missing some other setup?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

It is not officially supported, and we don't ship ARM32 binaries any longer, which I believe you'll need. If you go back some versions, you can use one that includes it - it should work and I had it working as well. To use a more recent version you'll need an ARM64 version of IoT Core.
(I'm actually a bit surprised if you managed to compile for ARM32 since you should have gotten a build error)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

It is not officially supported, and we don't ship ARM32 binaries any longer, which I believe you'll need. If you go back some versions, you can use one that includes it - it should work and I had it working as well. To use a more recent version you'll need an ARM64 version of IoT Core.
(I'm actually a bit surprised if you managed to compile for ARM32 since you should have gotten a build error)

0 Kudos
Jbi48
by
New Contributor

Hi Morten,

Thanks for the reply. I have tested previous version and got it running using version 100.8.0

Thanks again.

0 Kudos