Text formatting Tags in label expression is not applying in sceneview

Jump to solution
03-19-2021 11:46 PM
KarthiSivalingam
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I am using arcgis runtime SDK 100.10 in WPF application. I have feature layer loaded from mobile geodatabse. The feature layer is having labels and label expressions are having text format tag for coloring the text.  (e.g "<CLR red = '255'>" + "My label" + "</CLR>" ).  This label is perfectly displaying with color in Mapview. But  Sceneview displays in black color instead of red color. Is Text formating tags not supported in sceneview now?

Thanks, 

karthi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardJShepherd
New Contributor II

Yes, Karthi. `clr` tags will be supported as soon as possible. The other tags supported in Runtime do appear to be working correctly in 3d scenes (`bol`,`ita`,`fnt`,`und`), but `clr` seems to have slipped through the net.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RichardJShepherd
New Contributor II

Hmmm. That's odd, Karthi. The 2d and 3d text rendering should be going through the same code path and have the same capabilities. I'll open an issue with the Runtime Text team to see if we can reproduce the problem and fix it. Thanks for the heads-up

0 Kudos
RichardJShepherd
New Contributor II

If you are able, could verify whether setting the color within the TextSymbol for the LabelClass or LabelDefinition, rather than in the label expression, is changing the color as you would expect?

0 Kudos
KarthiSivalingam
New Contributor III

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Yes , setting color within the TextSymbol changing the color for all the labels in the LabelClass.   

0 Kudos
KarthiSivalingam
New Contributor III

Will Scenview support formatting tags in future?

Thanks ,

Karthi  

0 Kudos
RichardJShepherd
New Contributor II

Yes, Karthi. `clr` tags will be supported as soon as possible. The other tags supported in Runtime do appear to be working correctly in 3d scenes (`bol`,`ita`,`fnt`,`und`), but `clr` seems to have slipped through the net.

KarthiSivalingam
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is this support added in 100.12? 

Thanks,

Karthi

0 Kudos
KarthiSivalingam
New Contributor III

Hi @RichardJShepherd , We have upgraded our application to 100.14. But "clr" tag is not working in scene view. 

Thanks,

Karthi

0 Kudos