.NET SDK snap function for feature geometry editing

Jump to solution
07-05-2015 07:19 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Is there built-in function or sample code of .NET SDK to enable snap function when adding/editing feature geometry?

I'm currently using "MapView.Editor.RequestShapeAsync" method to add a new graphic and I want to make my mouse cursor automatically snap to other existing polygon vertexes.

Do I need to implement my own snapping functionality by using GeometryEngine class methods such as GeometryEngine.NearestVertex?

Thank you,

Shohei

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately we don't have out of the box support for editor snapping at the moment so you need to implement that yourself. See thread Re: Polygon snapping for more details.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately we don't have out of the box support for editor snapping at the moment so you need to implement that yourself. See thread Re: Polygon snapping for more details.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I understand that out of the box support for snapping is not available. I'll try to implement it by myself.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
FredyDi_Sano
New Contributor II

Hi there, just to follow up on this. Even if we were to write our own methods to find the nearest point, is there anyway to control where the cursor is during edit mode so as to make it snap to a given point?    

0 Kudos