How to make syncronization for offline geodatabase download

12-27-2016 12:19 AM
NadirHussain
Occasional Contributor II

Dear  All,

I have the questions for making sync of my progressbar with download and sync geodatabases in xamarin forms application.my client want i should make one progressbar which show the progress of download geodatabase as progressbar increases.And same when i sync my localdatabase to server database it also show with progress bar.when progressbar complete 100%.the download and upload sync task should complete any solution.Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChadYoder1

Don't think it's possible to get the progress, but you do get events that you can use to notify users of what is going on during the process.

//Sync the geodatabase
                    Job<IReadOnlyList<SyncLayerResult>> syncJob = gdbSyncTask.SyncGeodatabase (syncParameters, gdb);
                    syncJob.JobChanged += (object sender, EventArgs evt) => {
#if WINDOWS_UWP
                        Debug.WriteLine("[GDB SYNC STATUS MESSAGE] " + syncJob.Status.ToString ());
#else
                        Console.WriteLine ("[GDB SYNC STATUS MESSAGE] " + syncJob.Status.ToString ());
#endif
                    };

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Currently we don't have easy way to provide such a progress. As chad.yoder@nwg‌ mentioned, you can get the messages and events from the job and construct estimation yourself. This is something that we are planning to improve for next release.

0 Kudos
NadirHussain

Dear Antti Kajanus,

i find the given below class for windows store.but i could not find any class for xamarin and android.

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Offline.ExportTileCacheDownloadProgress

is there any class in xamarin work like this.

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I think you are mixing the documentation for the previous v10.2.7 release with the doc for the latest v100.0 release. Note that ArcGIS Runtime SDK 10.2.7 for .NET includes APIs for Windows Desktop (WPF), Windows Store 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1. The new ArcGIS Runtime SDK 100.0 for .NET includes APIs for WPF, UWP, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Forms (Android, iOS, and UWP).

The documentation for v100.0 can be found at: ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers 

In v100.0 there is not currently a direct equivalent of the ...Progress class from v10.2.7 but as Antti mentioned above we would like to improve support for determining download progress in a future release.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos