How to deploy an application in version 100.3

Jump to solution
08-16-2018 05:06 AM
OleJuul1
New Contributor II

How do I make an VS 2015 deployment file (msi) who includes the ArcGISRuntime100.3?

I have read this article Deploy your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers but I still can not figure it out.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

You don't need the deployment tool any longer. When you compile your deployment is automatically made to the output folder. So you will need to have the MSI include all the files and folders that's in your \bin\release\ folder (Ie mainly .exe, *.dll and everything below \arcgisruntime100.3\).

/Morten

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

You would need to start by installing the setup project extension Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Installer Projects - Visual Studio Marketplace 

At that point I think you would just need to include the ArcGISRuntime100.3 folder in your application folder where the project output is being installed.

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
OleJuul1
New Contributor II

I have already installed VC2015 Installer Projects but I can not figure out how to add a hole folder to a setup file (I can make my own folder and put items in it). I have made a deployment before for version version 10.2.7 with the use of a Deployment.arcgisruntimemanifest file but it seems that you can not use this any more

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

You don't need the deployment tool any longer. When you compile your deployment is automatically made to the output folder. So you will need to have the MSI include all the files and folders that's in your \bin\release\ folder (Ie mainly .exe, *.dll and everything below \arcgisruntime100.3\).

/Morten

OleJuul1
New Contributor II

I didn't knew how to add a folder + subfolders to the application folder in the msi-setup and then it was just a simple drag & drop from Explorer (you cann't do it though the rigth click menu). Problem solved 🙂

0 Kudos