Esri.ArcgisRuntime.Forms.UWP Map FailedToLoad

Jump to solution
11-20-2019 02:03 PM
JérômeDuckers
New Contributor III

Hi,

I try to load a map with Esri.ArcgisRuntime.Forms.

With an IOS project I encountered no problem, but with a UWP project I receive a Load Map Status as  "FailedToLoad".

My Question is, is there another property I can call to know what's going wrong ?

When I try with Mapserver found in internet, the map is loading, but with my map (and my spatialreference 31370), I always receive "FailedToLoad".

When I ask the status directly on the layer I receive with LoadError.Message => One or more errors occurred. (An error occurred while sending the request.)

Thanks,

Jérôme.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JérômeDuckers
New Contributor III

Hi Community,

Finally I solve my problem.

The error was not very easy to determine, because the information was not relevant enough.

Indeed with my code, I could consume map providing by AGOL, or another provider, but with my network it was impossible.

The solution is to check in the “appxmanifest”  Privat networks (Client & Server).

I had already checked “Internet (Client)” that the reason why my map was working with another network.

Jérôme.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JérômeDuckers
New Contributor III

Hi Community,

Finally I solve my problem.

The error was not very easy to determine, because the information was not relevant enough.

Indeed with my code, I could consume map providing by AGOL, or another provider, but with my network it was impossible.

The solution is to check in the “appxmanifest”  Privat networks (Client & Server).

I had already checked “Internet (Client)” that the reason why my map was working with another network.

Jérôme.

dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes this is a security setting for UWP apps: You have to explicitly opt in to allow it to access services on the intranet, or webrequests will fail.

0 Kudos
JérômeDuckers
New Contributor III

For a permission, I was waiting an exception or something like that.

The error wasn't clear enough, I think

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Fair enough. We merely forward the web request error that's returned from UWP - There's unfortunately not a specific error that tells you it was the manifest blocking it.

0 Kudos