Direct connection to ArcSDE from .net

06-23-2016 03:17 AM
Pierre-JeanMuller
New Contributor III

I have an image service published in arcgis server

In order to be able to change the images very frequently, I want to store them in ArcSDE then to access it from .net code.

As I am new to webmapping developpement, I found that there is ArcGIS Engine. Is that what I supposed to use to connect to the database directly and be able to do join geoprocessing on the raster image?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

It depends on your workflow. There are out-of-the-box desktop apps ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro which provide the tools to do this. If you're looking to build a custom app anbd you're a .NET developer then most likely you should be looking at ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET. If you need to execute geoprocessing tools then first take a look at the list of supported tools to confirm the ones you need are included. If they're not available now, please let us know and we may be able to include them in a future release (depending on what the tools are and their dependencies): Local Server geoprocessing tools support—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers​. Geoprocessing with ArcGIS Runtime on the local device (using the LocalServer) requires a Standard license ( for more info see License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers).

Another option is to use Geoprocessing services on your server and call those form your Runtime .NET client app.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos