Create LocalMapService Fails

10-22-2015 11:22 AM
EdReed
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I want to add a layer on a map from a local service created from a map package. Here is the code:

private async void LoadOfflineMapPackage()
        {
            try
            {
                string mpkPath = @"D:\mappackages\localservices\test.mpk";
                LocalMapService localMapService = new LocalMapService(mpkPath, 100000);

await localMapService.StartAsync();

ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer layer = new ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer()
                    {
                        ID = "localServiceLayer",
                        ServiceUri = localMapService.UrlMapService
                    };
                MyMapView.Map.Layers.Add(layer);
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                MessageBox.Show("Unable to create local service: " + ex.Message);

}

}

I get the following error on the StartAsync method:

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISWebException was caught

HResult=-2146233088

Message=Error code '500' : 'Failed to create service test MapServer. Worker process 'test_host' exited while attempting to service request (attempt 1 of 1): endpoint='admin' headers={} params={filePath=d:\mappackages\localservices\test.mpk, maxRecords=100000, name=test, outputDir=C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\arcgisruntime_12804\test, type=MapServer, virtualDir=http://127.0.0.1:50000/vnCNdS/outputdir/test} res='create' post=0 Crash dump path='

Source=Esri.ArcGISRuntime

Code=500.0

StackTrace:

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISHttpClientHandler.ArcGISClientHandlerInternal.<SendAsync>d__2.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISHttpClient.<GetStringAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.LocalServices.LocalService.<StartServiceInternal>d__2.MoveNext()

at OfflineApp.MainWindow.<LoadOfflineMapPackage>d__8.MoveNext() in d:\ArcGISRuntimeApps\OfflineApp\OfflineApp\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 172

InnerException:

I have tried many things, but still have not been able to get it to run.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

Could you upload your map package so that I can take a quick look at it? Also, what version was your map package created against and did you use the user interface to create it or the Package Map geoprocessing tool?

0 Kudos
EdReed
by
New Contributor

Freddie,

The mpk was created using ArcMap 10.3.1 Share as => Map Package.

How do I upload it?

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
EdReed
by
New Contributor

Michael,

I just applied the patch, re-created the map package, but I am still getting the same error message.

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos