ArcGISWebException: Error code '500'

05-18-2015 05:55 AM
JonathanBrickey
New Contributor

I am intermittently getting the following exception an a ExportTileCacheTask.EstimateTileCacheSizeAsync call: Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISWebException: Error code '500' : 'Error getting status for job j76e0602d072e405eba12b24b7bba75b2 on Export Cache'

The ExportTileCacheTask.EstimateTileCacheSizeAsync call had been working without error until late last week.  There is not a lot of documentation on ArcGISWebException error codes but I am assuming internal server error.  Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? 

Thanks,

Jonathan

Full stack trace:

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISWebException: Error code '500' : 'Error getting status for job j76e0602d072e405eba12b24b7bba75b2 on Export Cache'

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISHttpClientHandler.ArcGISClientHandlerInternal.<SendAsync>d__2.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Geoprocessing.Geoprocessor.<CheckJobStatusInternal>d__14.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Offline.ExportTileCacheTask.<checkTileCacheJobStatus>d__6e.MoveNext()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Offline.ExportTileCacheTask.<CheckEstimateTileCacheSizeJobStatusAsync>d__32.MoveNext()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Offline.ExportTileCacheTask.<checkTileCacheJobUntilCompletion>d__7d.MoveNext()

0 Kudos
26 Replies
PeterRoss1
New Contributor

We have the same problem. It's intermittent but is happening more and more often. It does not seem directly related to the size of the tile cache being generated although happens more with larger caches. We are not exceeding the allowed size when this happens though.

The Error seems untrappable too, which is really annoying as there's no way to gracefully recover from it.

0 Kudos
PeterRoss1
New Contributor

Today this is happening about 95% of the time and is rendering the service useless. Really annoying.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience, we are investigating the cause.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
JosephGenther
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
PeterRoss1
New Contributor

Is there an update on this?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

On Monday night a change was made to the TiledBasemaps load-balancing/storage configuration which we hope should resolve the errors you were seeing.

Please can you retest and let us know if you still encounter problems?

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
GeirOvsttun
New Contributor
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

Thank you testing, the online/content team is continuing to investigate the cause of this issue.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
AbhinavReddy1
New Contributor II

Hi Mike,

I had the same issue but i got the same error with Feature data upload, when i used the below piece of code 

var gdbResult = await syncTask.SyncGeodatabaseAsync(taskParameters , _SyncGdb , this.syncCompleteCallback , null , new TimeSpan(0, 0, 30) , progress , cancelToken);

with task parameters as : 

var taskParameters = new SyncGeodatabaseParameters()
{
RollbackOnFailure = false,
//SyncDirection = Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Offline.SyncDirection.Bidirectional
SyncDirection = Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Offline.SyncDirection.Upload
};

I was getting a http 500 failed to synchornize error in the syncCompleteCallback but all the data was tranferred and applied to geodatabase server.

Then as i was using sync parameter as upload i changed the call back parameter while syncing as below:

var gdbResult = await syncTask.SyncGeodatabaseAsync( taskParameters , _SyncGdb , null ,  this.deltaUploadCompleteCallback , new TimeSpan(0, 0, 30) , progress , cancelToken);

As i only need the delta uploads to be synced after which i recreate a new offline geodatabase file, I used the above piece of code which is not showing any issue when syncing the data or downloading.

Is it good to go with or am i using the wrong methodology?

Please suggest.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

If you're only interested in syncing deltas from the child database to the parent (service) then it makes sense for the direction to be Upload only to avoid unnecessary network traffic/activity. But it sounds like there may be issue server-side, either with the data you're syncing or in the service itself which I would like to understand better. 

What server/service are you syncing with (i.e. ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, or ArcGIS Online?)

Is it a public service?

Are there any server/service logs?

Cheers

Mike