How to deploy on Linux, when developing on Windows

Jump to solution
02-03-2014 11:28 PM
JeremieJoalland1
Occasional Contributor II
I'm looking for detailed information on How to prepare a deployment for our application for Linux platform (Redhat or Ubuntu).
Today we have install ArcGIS RUntime SDK for Java 10.2 on Windows computers for development (IDE Eclipse).

But when I'm using the tool Deployment Builder, Ican't choose a "Linux" platform, only "Windows 32 bit" and "Windows 64 bit" are available.

On ArcGIS for Developer page "Deploy your application", I can't find doicumentation for Linux deployment.

Thanks in advance for any tips on this.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SachinKanaujia
Occasional Contributor III
So I guess, I need to install my SDK on Ubuntu if I need to deploy on Ubuntu ? and on RedHat if I deploy on RedHat ?

They have one for Windows and one for Linux so you should be able to re-use the Linux deployment package on Ubuntu and Redhat.

What about my application ?
do I need to compile my .jars on Linux ? or .jars created on my windows environment are the sames ?
The jars should be fine. whatever you created on Windows should work on Linux as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SachinKanaujia
You need to install ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java 10.2 on Linux which has its own Deployment Builder tool.

Using that you can build the Linux deployment package. I hope this helps !!!
0 Kudos
JeremieJoalland1
Occasional Contributor II
So I guess, I need to install my SDK on Ubuntu if I need to deploy on Ubuntu ? and on RedHat if I deploy on RedHat ?

do I need to compile my .jars on Linux ? or .jars created on my windows environment are the sames ?
0 Kudos
SachinKanaujia

They have one for Windows and one for Linux so you should be able to re-use the Linux deployment package on Ubuntu and Redhat.

The jars should be fine. whatever you created on Windows should work on Linux as well.
0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado
I thought I'd mention that the process of adding deployment folders to target different platforms have complicated a bit now that the support of 32bit versions of Linux was added. Up to version 10.1.1, You could simply drop the containing folders of the Linux deployment folder (clientLx, LocalServerLx) unto the Windows deployment folder on the application and you're done. Now that their names are exactly the same (like the pic), You'll have to include both deployment folders on different paths, and ensure that you set the path to the directory containing the runtime installation you wish to use based on your knowledge of which OS you're in (in code). I've being doing this in your reversed since version 1.0 (developing on Linux and supporting deployments on Windows) with success. I'd ensure that your application's dependencies also support multi-platform environments.
0 Kudos