Select to view content in your preferred language

Still not able to bring in Shapefile in ArcGIS Runtime for Java SDK 10.1.1

Jump to solution
04-01-2013 10:20 AM
dw2
by
Deactivated User
There is an example on bringing in Shapefile as a layer.  It goes through the process of adding a shapefile workspace into an existing blank mpk file and publishing the mpk file with the local server.  The sample program is com.esri.client.samples.datasources.LocalShapefileApp. It does not work in the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java launcher and in a Eclipse IDE on the Windows 7 platform. There is no exception and at the same time, nothing is displayed in the JMap.  Not sure if other users experience the same when trying to bring in local shapefile.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Frequent Contributor
I was able to load all of the shape files found in the installation of Arc Map under "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\Reference Systems", so I don't see that problem either directly through the samples.jar or direct code invoked from eclipse. Try that and see if the shape file you're trying to load is the problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23129[/ATTACH]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Frequent Contributor
I was able to load all of the shape files found in the installation of Arc Map under "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\Reference Systems", so I don't see that problem either directly through the samples.jar or direct code invoked from eclipse. Try that and see if the shape file you're trying to load is the problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23129[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
dw2
by
Deactivated User
Thanks Carlos!  It is first time I see anything that gets displayed with the sample app.  I first use the files in the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\Reference Systems".  It works fine.  Then, I load my other test shape files, which are rather large.  They seem to load okay as well, although it takes a little bit of time.
0 Kudos