Displaying multiple feature types of multiple layers in table view

04-18-2011 02:02 PM
SuganyaBaskaran
New Contributor
Hi,
I am trying to list multiple feature types in multiple layers like how ESRI's ArcGIS application for iPhone does (for different requirements). Each layer would need to form a different section of the table view and all the feature types within that layer would be the elements of that section.

I have been trying to achieve this for about a month now, with no success. 😞

Though this is similar to the FeatureLayerEditingSample in ESRI's samples, that displays only one Layer [http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=2ddb261648074b9aabb22240b6975918]

I am unsure how to pass the whole dynamic layer (initialized in a map view) to a new table view controller and then display all layers (and the feature types in each layer).

Is there somewhere we can find the source code reference for this or any related tutorials?

This is my first iOS project and I really appreciate any help in this,
Thanks a ton,
Baskaran
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
Baskaran,

To get feature types for each layer in a dynamic map service, you could create an AGSFeatureLayer for each layer. Thus, you can reuse the logic in the sample you mentioned to handle multiple feature layers.

Having multiple AGSFeatureLayers may also be necessary if your application allows the user to edit features in any layer.
0 Kudos