Sync Process

Jump to solution
05-14-2014 07:33 AM
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III
Doesn't matter if I have one or many features to sync locally , or when edits belongs to only one layer or many layers; it pretty much takes same amount of time in sync. In my case , I have some layer in local geodatabase that are just for read only purpose. Is there a way to exclude certain layer from sync process?

Thanks,
Vikrant
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
As a developer you decide what layers, extent and query you want before creating the geodatabase. Once the geodatabase has been created, you cannot change those in the Sync. You can of course if you prefer, to create different geodatabases that contain only one layer each and sync them individually. That'll give you more control if you prefer.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Al
0 Kudos
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III
I tried not including read only layer in the geodatabase and sync it; it didn't made any difference in speed. Look like its the connection process and task initialization that takes time, which I guess depend upon speed of our GIS server machine.
0 Kudos
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Vikrant,

There are two sync model so far: PerGeodatabase / PerLayer

https://developers.arcgis.com/ios/api-reference/_a_g_s_enumerations_8h.html#abceb4fe4f735b7bf756b03d...
0 Kudos