Select to view content in your preferred language

Requiring all features to load on AGSFeatureTableLayer

06-05-2014 11:23 AM
StevenEnsing
New Contributor III
Hi There,
I'm working with an offline/online workflow using AGSFeatureTableLayer to display features from either a local gdb or a feature service.
I'm working with a scale-dependent layer, and part of my workflow involves a particular feature being programatically selected and zoomed to (by running a query based on its attributes).
Unfortunately, it appears as though the features in the scale dependent layer are loaded on demand, so unless the user zooms in far enough to make the layer visible (which causes the features in the visible extent to load), any query run will not return the feature.

Is there anything similar to AGSFeatureLayer's 'AGSFeatureLayerModeSnapshot' property which allows me to require all features to be loaded at the start? This would be a nice feature to have.

This problem is not occurring when the AGSFeatureTableLayer is sourced with a local gdb, only when sourced with a Feature Service (which makes sense, I guess).

Will I need to just require that any feature services used will not be scale dependent?

Thanks,
Steve
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi, Steve -

Thanks for your feedback. We realize that being able to access features even when they are not on display in the map is an important workflow. We are working on this, and hope to add additional capabilities to AGSFeatureServiceTable to allow this.
0 Kudos