Questions related to the Add A Map Tutorial

05-20-2013 03:06 PM
EmilioSolano
New Contributor III
Hi, I'm new to Xcode, and my questions might seem very basic or even silly, but please bear witth me. I downloaded the code for this tutorial, built it successfully but when running the iOS Simulator, the screen just show a black screen. I replaced the basemap to use our own published map, build it again successfuly but the screen continues to be black.

I review the code as it was downloaded and it seems that the map view is already connected to the view controller. Could I disconnect the map view and try connecting it again? or should I try to recreate the entire tutorial with a different name and see if I get to see a map or the black screen again? finally, is it possible that there is some information missing on the tutorial, perhaps it was written under the assumption that the person trying to follow the tutorial have enough programming knowledge to fill in the missing steps?

I will apreciate any kind of help if sombody have a few minutes to help me out.

Emilio
0 Kudos
3 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Please upload your Xcode project so I can look at it and tell you what is missing.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
EmilioSolano
New Contributor III
Hi Nimesh,

The project is the Add a Map Tutorial that is available under the Code Samples on this site. Nevertheless, I'm attaching the zip file I downloaded.

Thanks for the assistance.

Emilio
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Looks like you tested on iPad simulator and it did not work. If you try it on iPhone simulator it'll work. The project has ViewController_iPhone.xib and ViewController_iPad.xib. You have added mapView to ViewController_iPhone.xib but NOT to ViewController_iPad.xib. Once, you add mapView to ViewController_iPad.xib and connect the mapView outlet the AGSMapView then it'll work on iPad as well.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos