01-28-2024 10:50 PM
funabiki
New Contributor

Development environment

• Xcode 14.3.1
  • arcgis-runtime-ios 100.15.0
  • Device used:
    • iPad Pro 11 inch
    • iPad OS 17.1.1 (Occurs regardless of OS version)

Problem

I am creating an app that loads and displays mmpk saved under a document file in a library.

I am facing a problem that Polyline is not drawn correctly when following the current location obtained from GPS by setting locationDisplay.autoPanMode to `.compassNavigation`.

When the display range of the map is changed by moving the current location, and the Polyline that existed outside the display range is moved into the display range, the Polyline that should have been drawn is not drawn.

What we know

• When using GPX for Debug, the Polyline is drawn correctly.
  • When the display range of the map is changed by swiping the screen, the Polyline is drawn correctly.
  • After moving the current location, if the device is kept stationary and the map is not rotated, the Polyline is drawn after a few seconds.

What is presumed

• It seems that the detailed map rotation when moving is costly and the priority of drawing Polyline is lowered.

What we want to know

• Is it still due to the priority of the drawing cost that Polyline is not displayed when rotating the screen or moving the position?
  • If the above is correct, is there any way to increase the redraw priority of mmpk objects such as Polyline?
  • Is there a way to force redrawing at arbitrary times?
    • e.g. redraw every 5 seconds, redraw every few meters, etc.

If anyone has experienced similar problems or knows of potential solutions, I would appreciate your insights and suggestions.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
0 Replies