OfflineFeatureEditingSample

Jump to solution
07-23-2014 09:08 AM
GISProgrammer
New Contributor III

I'm just getting my feet wet with the iOS esri examples (github).  I had a quick question about the OfflineFeatureEditingSample.  When/if I click the PLUS icon " + " the simulator and/or my device (phone) just goes black.  It doesn't matter if I'm in disconnect or not.  What should this button do?  Is it to add a new feature?  Is this a bug in the example or am I missing something.

Thanks

0 Kudos
16 Replies
GISProgrammer
New Contributor III

Thanks Yue,

Sorry for the confusion I have Xcode 5 with iOS 7 on my machine along side xCode 6 beta 4 with iOS 8.  I'm testing on both and getting the same results...actually the Xcode 5 iOS 7 crash in iPAD and when I move an existing point with the phone simulator so the sample seems more riddle with iOS7 than iOS8(on my machine).  Here a few screen shots of the same with Xcode 5 and iOS7. 

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 8.09.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-24 at 8.10.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-24 at 8.11.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-24 at 8.11.45 AM.png

0 Kudos
MichaelDavis3
Occasional Contributor III

It sort of looks like maybe the xib file is missing for the feature templates popup - if it uses a xib file.  If the app is using storyboards something within the storyboard file might have been changed.

GISProgrammer
New Contributor III

Sorry see my newest post above Michael's thanks.

0 Kudos
GISProgrammer
New Contributor III

Ok I found a copy of the sample that I download at the Dev Summit back it March and it works.   The new sample was reworked to utilize story boards and not xib.  The one I downloaded back in March uses xib files and the new one uses storyboard.  I'm going to try and dig deeper into the cause but before I go down the rabbit hole Yue and/or Michael can you tell me if you are using the latest sample?

0 Kudos
GISProgrammer
New Contributor III

OK Michael was correct...the new sample doesn't have the "Bar Button Item - Add" connected to the addFeatureAction.  I added the connection and now all is working.  I will make a push request using Github.

Thanks

0 Kudos
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there,

Glad to you make it work. However, I just tried to download a new file of our sample from Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-ios · GitHub‌ And using both iPad and iPhone simulator to test are both works fine. The storyboard has the addFeatureAction as well. I am pretty sure the sample code works fine. But anyway, it is good that the sample works on your side.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
MichaelDavis3
Occasional Contributor III

This is why storyboards drive me nuts - you can't diff a storyboard file (or a xib for that matter).  This makes any sort of collaborative development using a repo very difficult. 

0 Kudos