Select to view content in your preferred language

Layer refresh

08-22-2013 06:30 AM
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III
I have a feature table in mapservice which I am editing in the application. There are four other layers which are related to this table based on some attribute. Symbology of each layer changes when value in the table changes. In my didFeatureEditsWithResults method when table gets updated, I am calling refresh for all fours layers. Problem is that layer color change is completely random. Sometimes it will update layers right away, sometimes I have zoom in-out and pan around , and sometimes it doesn't at all. I have tried using NSTimer function to refresh all four layer after few seconds of table updated response, but no luck. [dataChanged] method used to work well in old sdk, but now I am using 10.1.1.

Is there any way to work this out.

Thanks,
Vik
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
Are you displaying the 4 layers as feature layer or dynamic map service layers?
0 Kudos
JeffGiesler
Occasional Contributor

Divesh,
I am having the same problem as Vikrant.  I edit a feature, in my case I am cutting a feature into 2 pieces.  When the editing is finished I am left with 3 feature (left and right cuts of the geometry and the original geometry).  After I reload the map or restart the app the original feature is gone.  I am assuming that I am doing something wrong to refresh but I am not sure, previously I used the datachanged method and everything worked.  I am adding my layer through a WebMap through ArcGIS Online.  When I am editing the layer I am using a AGSFeatureLayer as my active (editing) layer.  Does this make any difference?
Cheers,
Jeff

0 Kudos
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III
I am loading feature layer table in snapshot mode, which does not update dynamically. Add feature leyer table as OnDemand Mode is causing ArcGIS Server Instances to crash, making app run slow. Which might be caused the other related layer to not update as well. Refering to my older post http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/87041-Strange-ArcGIS-Server-Instances-crashing

I have attached a screenshot of Server Log. As Divesh suggested in above post, I still need to work with customer support on this.

I just wanted to add that it is only happening with Feature Server Tables, not with feature Server layers with Geometries.
0 Kudos