Select to view content in your preferred language

How to overlay a png type picture on a 2D map

Jump to solution
01-12-2023 08:04 PM
Lzy
by
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I had some problems when trying to overlay an image on the map using x-max, x-min, y-max, y-min, I tried to use AGSImageOverlay class to achieve this function, but found that the image could not be zoomed in and out as the map zoomed. Later I tried to implement it using AGSKMLLayer class, it worked, but AGSKMLLayer was loaded on map.operationalLayers and I couldn't change the order in which it was stacked with other layers.

Is there a better way to do this?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Lzy
by
Emerging Contributor

Ok, thank you very much! Will it be updated in version 100.15?

0 Kudos
Ting
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

In short, no. 100.15 will be a LTS version, which means no new features but hotfixes and patches would go in.

It's worth mentioning that the first stable release of the new 200.x ArcGIS Maps SDK for Swift is projected to come out in early April. See this blog post to learn more.

Also, in case you would be present at the conference, welcome to talk to our engineers in person at Esri DevSummit 2023 and Esri UC 2023! We may share more details and better understand our users' needs to better improve the product. 😃

0 Kudos
Lzy
by
Emerging Contributor

Ok, thanks for the answer!

0 Kudos
Ting
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Another update: ArcGIS Online released the Media Layer this week so it shouldn't be long till we get it into the Maps SDK.

0 Kudos
Lzy
by
Emerging Contributor

That's awesome! Will there be media layers when 200.x ArcGIS Maps SDK for Swift is released in early April?

0 Kudos
Ting
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I haven't heard any update on that yet, but I'll try my best to keep you posted! 🙂

0 Kudos