Has anyone tested ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS with iOS 8 betas?

Jump to solution
08-12-2014 04:03 PM
KristopherJohnson
New Contributor II

I learned today of an issue with Core Location in iOS 8: a new key or keys must be added to Info.plist to get Core Location to work. More information is available on these pages:

- iphone - iOS 8 : Location Services not working - Stack Overflow

- rdar://17465666: Apps built for iOS 7 don't ask for location permission

- fixes #481: update CL tracking API for iOS 8+ · 8d6b14a · mapbox/mapbox-ios-sdk · GitHub

I'll note that I have not tested this myself, nor thoroughly investigated the issue. This may be nothing, but I'm curious as to whether ArcGIS developers or users of the SDK have tested their apps with iOS 8.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

Shimin,

Have you modified your app's info.plist file to contain the NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription  key as described here - Displaying the location on a map‌ ?

ShiminCai
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Divesh. It worked after adding the key 'NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription' in the info.plist. Tried the 'NSLocationUsageDescription' before posting the question but it didn't work. Didn't know you have to manually add the key 'NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription'. Cheers, Shimin

0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

Kristopher,

Is your crash specific to iOS 8, or does it occur even on previous version iOS 7?

From the stack trace, it looks like the WMTS layer is choking on something. Can you share the service you're using so we can try it out?

0 Kudos
KristofferStenersen
Occasional Contributor

Hi Divesh, I´ve updated the gist with more info for repro. Thanks!

0 Kudos
KristofferStenersen
Occasional Contributor

Hi again. Found another issue, also on device this time. Pushed a trace in the gist.

0 Kudos