Drop Pin rotation issue

Jump to solution
05-06-2013 12:50 AM
AbhinavGoel
New Contributor
Dear Forum,
Does anybody know how to stop the rotation of the drop pin in the mapview? As this causes problem with the callout. Android SDK does not rotate the pin when the map rotates but it is not there in SDK for iOS.
Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
If you want your graphic not to rotate with map then you should use graphics layer in dynamic mode. Use AGSGraphicsLayer's initWithFullEnvelope:renderingMode method with AGSGraphicsLayerRenderingModeDynamic. This method is available only in the latest SDK (v10.1.1 Update 1).

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Nimesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
If you want your graphic not to rotate with map then you should use graphics layer in dynamic mode. Use AGSGraphicsLayer's initWithFullEnvelope:renderingMode method with AGSGraphicsLayerRenderingModeDynamic. This method is available only in the latest SDK (v10.1.1 Update 1).

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
AbhinavGoel
New Contributor
thanks a lot . that worked
0 Kudos
adityamehta
New Contributor
hello
I have a related issue. With the AGSGraphicsLayerrenedringModeDynamic I was able to get the PIN to stop rotating but the callout rotates around the pin.
The callout has an offset on the pin graphic, because of which on rotation the callout starts circumferencing the pin graphic.
How can i make the Callout to stay on top of the pin graphic without it rotating.

Thank you
Aditya
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Aditya,

Thanks for reporting. We'll try to fix it in the next release.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
adityamehta
New Contributor
Thanks a lot! it s been fixed now
0 Kudos